Last night President Obama spoke to a capacity crowd at the University of Arizona basketball area about the tragedy that occurred in Tucson, Arizona when Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and 18 others where shot on Saturday January 8, 2011 by a deranged mad man. Six of the victims died; which included a 9 year old, a federal judge, and one of Giffords staffers, the other 13 are clinging to life. According to all reports there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. I know mine wasn’t dry. Click the link below to read the article in The Huffington Post.
- Obama Gives Inspiring And Uniting Speech In Arizona (perezhilton.com)
- The Obama of Old Returns With Arizona Speech (thedailybeast.com)
- Obama’s call to ‘moral arms’ at Arizona memorial – BBC News (news.google.com)
- Obama Arizona Memorial Speech: We Must Communicate ‘In A Way That Heals,’ Not ‘Wounds’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Obama to Americans: ‘We can be better’ (msnbc.msn.com)